Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Cake Queen

Hannah is our little chef-in-training. She can already make tasty smoothies and omelets, plus pasta and creative sandwiches. After watching nearly every episode of Cake Boss ever, she decided to try her hand at creative cake-making. For a Family Home Evening treat, she designed and decorated a cake that consisted of a brownie layer, a layer of blueberry muffin, covered in whipped frosting and decorated with fondant.

She did all the design, baking, and decorating herself, with just a bit of direction on how to use the fondant. I tried to tell talk her through the steps of frosting a cake and she said, "Mom, I know what it means to 'dirty ice' a cake. I watch Cake Boss, you know!"





3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Hannah! That is impressive! You are a very talented young lady.

Brian said...

That is insanely cool.

Annette Shumway said...

Brownies and blueberry muffins! duh. Why didn't I think of that?? I am extremely impressed as I have never made a cake with layers, nor have I ever used fondant, and I DON'T know what it means to "dirty ice" a cake...