Wednesday, August 29, 2012

5, 3, 2..pre-K!

Back to school happens a bit early around here--we started on August 15th! Thankfully, my kids really love school and are happy and ready to go back.
Hannah started 5th grade...(which totally blows my mind...I REMEMBER 5th grade!)

Rachel is in 3rd grade...

Nathan is in 2nd grade....

And Aaron missed the Kindergarten cut-off date by just a few weeks, and I decided to keep him out of preschool this year, so he wasn't very happy. Its hard for him to watch his buddies go off to school. I have big plans for this year (my last year with kids at home during the school year!), including play dates, a zoo membership, and at-home preschool using Kindergarten curriculum so he will be completely ready for next year. So far, so good--he enjoys "School time", he's been good about going into child watch at the Y so I can get back into exercising, and he's had a ton of playtime.






And then, of course, they had to get silly...





After a bit of debate, Hannah decided she wanted to join 5th grade band. Last night we went to try out instruments. Hannah wanted to play the trumpet or trombone; I was rooting for the flute or clarinet. Hannah had a hard time with instruments that required blowing (we'll blame it on the braces), but fell in love with something different...something I wasn't crazy about...until we finally agreed to let her play percussion. (Or, as she calls it, the "whack-a-mole"). I'm not thrilled about it , but it will give her band experience and might even help her keep the beat while playing piano. We'll see.

3 comments:

Robin V said...

They wouldn't be Greens if there weren't a bit of silliness...!

DeAnn said...

I love the picture of Nathan with Aaron looking a little sad in the background. It's gotta be hard to be the last one left behind. You'll have a fun year though--enjoy it!!

Marcy said...

One of my sisters played percussion! She was AMAZING & could play with 4 mallets (2 in each hand) on the bells by the time she was a Freshman in high school!!! Go Hannah!!!