Sunday, January 15, 2012

Regular stuff.

A few things I've been thinking about lately:

~I've been bitten by the organization bug (don't worry--I'll feel better soon.) I just really want to clean something! I made a list of the areas of the house that bug me most, or the places I'm most likely to leave junk, and I've been tackling them one by one. That means that as of Friday, the floor under my kids' beds is cleaner than yours. Until tomorrow, probably.

~I've also been bitten by the "I want to make something pretty" bug, but I'm trying to suppress that one since it contradicts the "I'm sick of spending money" feeling I've had since Christmas. I might paint something this week, though. We'll see.

~I'll be teaching a beginning sign language class starting this Tuesday. I'm a bit nervous--but only because I've had a lot of people express interest in coming, and I usually have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to public speaking in a new setting. I'm happy to finally move forward on the class, though.

~Also, for lack of more interpreters, I've had to step up my skills lately. I am the Sacrament meeting interpreter every week, the whole hour. In my last ward, we never did a full meeting, and we would switch off weeks enough that nobody felt over burdened. It leaves me pretty wiped out (as I head to Primary, which is pretty demanding, too) but I'm excited to see my sign skills improving. Now to work on the technical skills...

~We have a bit of a bed-wetting problem that up until now, we dealt with by using pull-ups every night. Lately, the kids have decided they're done with pull-ups. I'm doing a lot of laundry. And waking up a lot at night. On the flip side, the kids are doing much better and feeling better about themselves. (Hannah would like to point out that she is not the one with the problem.)

~The kids had a snow day on Friday. It was the first real day of snow we've had all winter. I can't quite figure out why school was cancelled, since it really wasn't that bad outside, but the kids didn't mind.

~Christian is dieting again. Its been two weeks, and he's down 10 lbs. He's strict about calories and recording everything! We're getting creative about fun, satisfying, low cal foods. And he eats a ton of celery.

~Mario Kart is becoming a bit of an addiction around here.

5 comments:

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I enjoyed reading your updates, especially the basement redo. It looks fantastic! I love DIY but with us renting I don't get to do much, so I love reading about yours. Good luck with the "bugs".

DeAnn said...

I love posts like this. Just the day to day stuff. Laughed out loud about Hannah making sure we know it's not her! Good luck organizing and beautifying.

Annelise said...

Yay! Christian!!!

AnnaBanana said...

Oh how I do love you! Thanks for the updates (you are awesome at it) and I should be inspired by your keep-at-it attitude . . . . . . . . .

We'll see. I read the Hunger Games series and thought of you.

Oh and if we move to PA, can we stop by and see you. :)

Robyn said...

Yes! Are you going to move?!!