Sunday, January 22, 2012

More regular stuff...

My bathroom likes like this:

After re-tiling the floor and priming the walls last summer, we stalled for a few months, trying to decide just how far to take this rennovation. The cabinets are pretty ugly (golden oak! no molding! weird proportions!), but well built and expensive to replace. This weekend, I decided to paint them and see if that helped. If it did, great! If it didn't, we wouldn't have wasted much time or money and then at least we could move on. I chose a really dark black-brown (Called bittersweet chocolate...reminds me of brownies). So far, it looks great! I'm surprised just how much better it all looks.Here's a sneak peak at our grand plan.  I should be done in a day or two, and then I can post pictures, and the plan for the rest of the room.

Yesterday, we were invited to go sledding with another family in the ward. However, Indiana is completely flat and we had a hard time finding a hill! We finally settled on a hill by the YMCA--barely bigger than our backyard hill in our Michigan place, but it did the job.

Braving the mighty  hill:
Rachel, the snow bear:
 Christian, right before attacking me...
( He would like me to point out that he is covered in snow because I threw it at him. In other words, I instigated the attack.)

Daddy, giving Aaron a "lift."
 The sled-train...
A pretty fun day:)

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Yay you got invited :) I'm glad you like the color and the cabinets are turning out well so far. Can't wait to see the progress.

Annelise said...

Christian is always so helpful, and apparently always literal. I can't wait to see how everything has turned out! P.S. We are having a boy!