Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things are a bit odd around here...

We've had a few extra *special* happenings around here...

First off, Hannah was sent home from school Wednesday because she threw up in the school cafeteria. The next day, in an apparently unrelated chain of events, her left eye began to redden and swell shut. After a quick trip to the doctor, we learned that she has cellulitis, and she began a rather miserable round of antibiotics. I kept her home from school, both because she wasn't feeling well, and I didn't want her to face a bunch of curious kids pointing and laughing.
Admittedly, not her best week.

In other news, the kids had their yearly Primary program today. I'm in the presidency, so I helped coordinate the program, including lots of practices. This afternoon, when it was Aaron's turn to the pulpit, he decided to ignore the script and say whatever he felt like saying. I think it was his version of bearing a testimony, and if I wasn't laughing so hard I might have written it down. I do remember his mentioning his wonderful parents.

Also, in his prayer tonight Aaron thanked Heavenly Father that he hates Nathan.

Speaking of Nathan, he just finished a round of basketball, which he loved. However, this is the only semi-descent photo of him I could get. He's the one making the whole-body silly face.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh poor Hannah! I hope she is feeling better!

DeAnn said...

Wow--that is quite the eye! My kids loved seeing that picture. I wish I could have heard Aaron. That is hilarious.

emily said...

OH DEAR! Poor Hannah! I love that you blogged that picture as well. And, Aaron's prayer is the best I've ever heard.
I miss you guys!!!

feiane (fe-yan) said...

i hope hannah is doing well now....