Sunday, October 30, 2011

Teaching by example

Monday night we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and have Family Home Evening outside. We all piled on to the trampoline for songs, prayer, and a brief lesson (its really hard for kids to listen reverently on a tramp...they just wanna bounce!). For an activity, we decided to play "monster." Two people lay down in the center of the trampoline and tried to drag everyone else down into a pile. As we played a few rounds of this game, I couldn't help thinking (and saying) that someone would get hurt if we weren't careful. We finished up and started sending the kids in. Rachel and I stayed to jump a bit, and Daddy stayed to try to "get" us again. Only Rachel and I were on the tramp, but Daddy's has long arms, so it was kind of scary. I came pretty close to stepping on Rachel at one point, in my attempt to avoid Daddy's reach, and ended up falling in a heap next to Rachel. We both felt a little bruised up. Or more than that. I had a really hard time walking in the house. That night it only got worse...So in the morning I headed down to the local Redi-med (giggling all the way--what kind of grown-up gets injured on a trampoline). The verdict? A real-live broken bone (1st in my life), and a gift of crutches (which I'm too clumsy to use) and this gorgeous new shoe.
Oh, and I got a week of being lazy out of it...and 5 more weeks of wanting to do more than I can while I wait for it to heal up.

2 comments:

Annette Shumway said...

yowzer! I've never broken a bone, but I've heard it kinda hurts a little. LOVE that it happened on a tramp. too funny.

The Kelley Family said...

No way!!!!