Sunday, June 12, 2011

Something's not quite right


Apparently something less than fun happened when we were out of town. This afternoon I walked downstairs and found this:

Yep. Water damage--bad enough to collapse the ceiling (and yeah, it fell on some projects and, since I had recently gone through my college art portfolio, some of my drawings, as well).
So, guess what we'll be fixing up next? At least it will be really easily to improve the lighting (you know, since the ceiling is out of the way and all).
(While prepping for the plumber, we ripped off most of the rest of the ceiling. We are trying to decide how much of a priority it is to put it all back together again!)

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Boo hoo! I am so sad for you! Its days like this I'd wish I was still renting. So sorry and hope things get fixed up in a jiffy!

Quentin Hunt said...

Oh my word. That stinks. I'm so sorry. Had our basement flooded but from the walls not the ceilings. now you can fix it the way you want it :)

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Oooo... that is not too pretty. I love how up beat you are about the whole thing. And a note on your past post, I love your pictures. You have a good eye.

Annette Sugiyama said...

oh my stink! That is the worst! Never a fun thing to come home to! 2 thumbs down.

LeGrand, Alicia, Wesley and Fredrick said...

Oh no! Good luck with all the projects. Speaking of your artwork, I still have a picture you painted me for my birthday Freshman year of BYU. It makes me happy :)

Robyn said...

Thanks for the support, guys! We have a restoration company looking it over to give us an idea what it will cost to get it fixed up...But aside from cleaning the mold, we'll probably take our time putting it back together so we can do it right. I didn't really like the basement, anyway!

DeAnn said...

What a pain--I'm sorry! Hopefully it ends up being one of those blessings in disguise.