Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The most awesome time of year!

(aside from Christmas. Maybe.)

Late Spring and early fall are my favorite times of year. Why? Because they're gorgeous, and perfectly warm without being too obnoxiously warm, but also...I like Spring time because there's a nice stretch between Mother's Day and my birthday that I claim as special. (No other birthdays in our immediate family intrude on this stretch of time). I also really like my birthday because it is evenly spaced with Christmas. I like to spread out the fun.

This year, I got to spend my birthday weekend in Utah! I'm sure this will take up more than one post, but here's a start:

Christian and I flew out of Indianapolis early Friday morning. An awesome friend from Kalamazoo (one of my YW from a few years back!) came down to watch our kids for the weekend. I feared for her life, but she lived--and even seemed happy and sane when we came home. We started our trip with a quick trip on campus to the BYU bookstore to check out some BYU gear (again, happy birthday to me!). Then, we picked up my brother, Kevin, from the library and met my Dad for lunch in Provo, followed by some mall-crawling (while Christian watched X-Men with his brothers). I met up with DeAnn and we headed to Daddy's salon in Spanish Fork (what a perk, right? A father-in-law with a salon?!) for a new haircut and style, plus a spa pedicure and mini-mani. We were there for over 2 hours--totally worth it! Christian was a bit shocked by my bright pink nails!

Apparently I didn't pull out my camera at all that day. Sorry! That night, the Green clan met up at my sister-in-law, Jennie's home/parent's home for a big dinner/musical night/embarrassing story exchange. I met my soon to be new SIL, Rachael. She'll marry Daniel in two weeks, but I won't be able to go, so it was good to meet her!

Saturday was filled with wedding goodness, so it deserves its own post!

3 comments:

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Happy happy birthday! I wish mine was in June, instead for DEC 23. Also, I love reading your house project posts. Thanks for putting them in.

Kasey said...

Glad you had a great time. You deserve it!

Annelise said...

It was so fun to see you!