Sunday, May 22, 2011

Identity Crisis

My blog is having an identity crisis.

I am an avid blog-stalker, and I love writing posts...in my head. Actually writing them in Blogger? Much harder. Plus, as much as I love reading craft blogs, cooking, blogs, design blogs, and Mommy blogs, my life is pretty much smack in the middle. So I blog a little about everything--

My problem is that I'm bored, and I kind of think that people aren't looking at my blog because of its identity crisis.

Now, I know that I should treat blogging like a journal, and do it for posterity and all that. I get it. I don't scrapbook, and I did't do baby books, and for the most part this works for me. What I need to know is, does it bug anyone that my blog doesn't really seem to know what it is? (Plus, there's procrastination. Completing a project is fun, but writing about it weeks afterwards isn't.)

The other part to this blogging-boredom, which has been coming on for a while, is this move. This latest move was really, really hard. And we can conceivable have another one in another year or two, and then more after that. Posterity or not, I don't want to be a bummed out blogger all the time.

So, I'm trying to get back in to it. Most of what I have planned to write about is project related, because I am excited about some of the things I'm working on. But I love my kids, and they're pretty cute, so I'll write about them, too. I guess I'm just asking---Do you mind? And do you care?

8 comments:

Kasey said...

I love your blog. I often wondered about my blog having a theme. But that is as far as it got! Write what you want I say!

Marcy said...

I never even thought about a theme. My blog seems to go all over the place. I anticipate more crafty posts once I move & get settled. Our blogs can have their identity crises together...no worries!

AnnaBanana said...

No complaints here! I look forward to many more posts about your house transformation and anything else you blog about.


~Thanks for entertaining me!

Amy said...

For what it's worth, I love your blog! My kids love seeing pictures of your kids and it makes us all feel like we kinda sorta know y'all even though we are so far away.

DeAnn said...

We don't mind. We don't care. Just keep blogging. And I get the not wanting to blog after a move. I was the same way last year...and still am to an extent. I still really miss Wisconsin and wish I was blogging from there.

Robin V said...

It's your blog - write whatever strikes your fancy! As long as you keep posting pictures of your kids, I'm happy! :)

Robyn said...

Thanks, guys! I guess I was just having a bit of a down day. All's better now!

mama.laughead said...

I guess you have to ask who you want your readers to be. If you are going for a specific audience then cater to them. If you are going for family and friends, then you have it covered no matter what you do--write your personality.