Friday, February 18, 2011

KalamaZion Ultimate Frisbee

So, one of the things I've loved the most about Kalamazoo is the weekly Ultimate Frisbee game I started with a friend 18 months ago. We originally got it together to help fellowship a mutual friend from Venezuela (cousin of a neighbor) who didn't speak much English. He was in Kalamazoo for the first 6 weeks and then went back to Venezuela - we kept it going because it was a good opportunity to hang out with people and, of course, it's a blast.

My friend Annette Shumway recently spent a couple of hours standing in the snow documenting one of our Saturday morning Frisbee outings. Yes, we play rain, snow or shine...

Pre-game warm ups...

Choosing teams...

The kick-off (toss-off??)...

First you need to be able to see around me...

Rainbow fingers strikes again...

Perfect form...

Arms length on defense - my arm's length...

"THREEEEEE, OONNNEEEEE, UUULTIMAAAATE!!!"

Making the tough catch...

and the tough throw...

Preston and Mike decided I was the fall guy - I decided to take them with me...

Friends again...

1 comment:

Catherine Faux said...

Christian you crack me up! I can't wait to see you and your family for the reunion and/or Peter's wedding this summer!

ps I love your blog design