Monday, February 14, 2011

Boxing Day...



So, I'll admit that having professional movers do the boxing takes away some of the sadness that attends moving, but those sad moving feelings hadn't really set in for me until today anyway so I can't fully appreciate how sad I would've been if I had had to pack and move.



That being said, I have known about the timing of this move for a couple of weeks and in anticipation of moving, a lot of people pitched in to make our last weekend in Michigan a lot of fun. Here's my schedule from this last weekend:
Fri, 7:00 - 8:30 PM: Daddy/Daughter Dance with Hannah and Rachel (lots of jumping...and fair amount of sweating too...)

Sat, 7:00 - 8:00 AM: Shovel and clean the church

8:00 - 10:00 AM: Leadership Training Meeting at church

10:00 - 10:15 AM: Doughnuts at the Bishop's office
10:30 - 12:15 PM: Ultimate Frisbee in the snow (Annette Shumway took about 400 pictures, the last game was diving catches only...)

12:30 - 2:00 PM: EQ Bowling Activity (I snuck Nathan along, though neither one of us broke 100)

7:00 - 10:15 PM: Contra-dancing (half the people from frisbee came too...)

10:30 - 11:30 PM: Root beer floats at Olde Peninsula (Yum....)

Sun, 7:00 - 11:30 AM: Church meetings (lots of good-byes...)

12:00 - 4:30 PM: Open House at the Wesels (lots more good-byes, this time with excellent food on hand...)

6:00 - 10:00 PM: Game Night with the Lillroses - Liar's Dice (apparently the younger generation still can't lie well since Kirk and Annette Lillrose won every game)

No comments: