Friday, November 5, 2010

Mixed up days


I just realized I hadn't posted about this yet!(Yes, that's storytime on our couch...in the garage.)
Ever notice how projects and home improvement can turn everything upside down? Such has been the case around here. In an effort to get our home ready for sale (boo--I know, I know), we replaced our carpet. Our old flooring was loop-pile berber, in a light, mottled grayish color. It, and the original paint colors, dated our home, making it look about 10 years older than it really is. While we kept the carpet in the basement, where it is in better condition and doesn't bother be nearly as much, we replaced the carpet on the 1st floor.
It was a huge process to empty out all our bedrooms, closets, and living room so the installers could do their work. We did a lot of crazy rearranging, including putting all 4 kids in the basement bedroom for a week or so (after we started moving furniture, we learned that the installation was delayed 5 days!!)
One of the best things was having my boys completely entertained for hours. They loved watching the installers at work!And now...we love it! Its gorgeous, matched our colors, and feels so nice and soft! I don't think I realized what a big difference it would make.
However, its been 2 weeks, and our piano is still in the kitchen, and the couch is still in the garage. The girls are sleeping in the basement, too (we repainted their bedroom last week). We are being really careful to only move back things we are willing to keep clean, and I love having the bedrooms so much less cluttered...and pretty! I didn't really just how big a difference pretty carpet would make! We've been hanging out on the floor a lot lately...who needs a couch?

7 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Nice carpet! I'm don't want you to leave. Please come back and visit.

Robyn said...

Oh, we intend to! We'll probably come back so often you'll wonder whether or not we really left!

DeAnn said...

I want to come see it...when are you moving?!

Robin V said...

Love those pictures of Aaron...

Green's said...

Nice Carpet and house! I did not know you where moving! Where too? That means no more greens :-( . Best of luck selling your home. I heard from Dave Ramsey that to better sell your home, you have to walk through it as if you were a buyer and look for things that you could do to make it look like a model home.

Jennie and Adam said...

That carpet looks awesome! Isn't it kind of sad to see your house look so great before leaving it? Can't wait to see it!

Jennie and Adam said...

p.s. I LOVE the Abraham Lincoln quote at the top of your blog!