Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Farm day


A few weeks ago we had the chance to head up north and visit a real dairy farm. My friend, Kasey, invited us all up to her parents farm, where we filled a day checking out the cows, playing games, hay-riding (?), checking out pumpkins, fishing, playing in the barn, petting animals, climbing a hay-bale mountain, and enjoying a bon-fire. Here come tons of pictures!
I think Megan looks like Legolas, from Lord of the Rings.Kasey's kids, Gibson and Stella.
Can they ever be serious?
Seeing as I don't fish, this nice boy helped teach my kids!
Hannah caught one of the biggest they'd ever seen in that small pond!
While fishing, one of the kids caught a crawfish. The Dads were wondering whether or not it would actually hurt to be pinched by the critter--Ted decided to find out. Um--it hurts. Anyone surprised?
This cow is less than a day old!
Poor Megan! She looked so cute at the farm, and then got cow poo splattered all over her nice jacket!

And that's not even half my pictures...

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

That place looks like heaven on earth.

Robyn said...

Yup.

Kasey Hunt said...

Great pics Robyn. I look like I"m deep in thought about something! lol
I"m glad you had fun. You are welcome back anytime.

Green's said...

So fun!!!! Wish to heaven I was still in kalamazoo! thanx for sharing your pix.