Monday, June 21, 2010

Real Estate

I go to the Parade of Homes every year-- I love it! Usually it happens around my birthday, so I get to go for a special birthday treat. The best one is probably Washington, where they do a Street of Dreams--one street, 5 homes, all multi-million dollar places. Very cool. Utah has a nice one, too. I like to see the nice places I might one day own, but I also really like to see the ridiculous ones, too.
I really liked this year's Parade, enough that I took some pictures even though I wasn't supposed to, and thought I'd share them with you.

Imagine coming home to this every day...
And once you go inside...
Such a sweet little girl's room...just add furniture.


This was one of my favorites...not because I liked it, but because it was so over-the-top gaudy.
Every wall was bright red, blue, teal; every room had a different floor covering, and I found it highly entertaining.
A pretty snazzy basement family room...
And some very nice street appeal...
This one isn't a Parade home, but I thought it was completely adorable.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love looking at beautiful homes, too! Daydreaming... Have you ever looked at the ivory homes website? They're a home builder in Utah, and have the most beautiful houses. I love looking at the virtual tours.

Kasey Hunt said...

Great pics. I would love to go to the parade of homes one of these years. The last picture is different with the dark green. I like it.

Sherilyn said...

It's fun to see what others do. I used to go to model homes with my mom and brother just for the fun of seeing different layouts and interior decorating.