Monday, June 14, 2010

Monkey

I walked into Rachel's room around bedtime the other day and found her hanging out...Just a quick announcement--After spending a rather long day at the hospital last week, we learned that Rachel is due for another surgery (this will be #5). She has a cholesteatoma, or a skin growth in her inner ear, and it has to be taken out. Actually, there are 2. We'll keep you posted about when and how it goes. I'm not very excited, at all, but it should be simple and it has to be done. There is always a chance that the operation will affect her implant, which worries me, but she has good doctors, and I'm going to trust them.

5 comments:

Adam Green said...

Good luck!!

Kasey Hunt said...

We will be praying for a successful surgery!

mama.laughead said...

Are you guys upset or anxious about it or are you okay?

Marcy said...

I didn't realize the girls were in bunk beds! I knew Rachel was a monkey...it's about time you caught it on camera!!!

Keep us posted about the surgery. You're in our thoughts & prayers.

Robyn said...

I'm not exactly thrilled, and it bugs me that its taken 2 weeks to get it scheduled, but it isn't supposed to be major surgery...she just doesn't have the greatest track record with supposedly "simple" surgeries...