Sunday, May 23, 2010

Its about time...

Continuing with the bathroom theme...

I finished the kids' bathroom! (Okay, a while ago...but we didn't have it clean enough to take a picture until now!)
This bathroom started off a hideous combination of gray/blue and reddish purple. Yuck.The first step was to paint the gray walls cottage white. The funny thing was, as soon as I did this the purple color didn't look so bad anymore and actually matched the heart-patterned shower curtain. I left it at this stage over Valentines' Day--it seemed appropriate.

It didn't stay for long. I had my eye on a certain shower curtain at Kohl's. I watched it for months until the price came down and I had Kohl's cash to use, and ended up with a darling $45 shower curtain for $10--and I was ready to finish the bathroom.

Working on this bathroom was really a chance to experiment, and it was a long process that I'm not sure is complete yet. I painted over the purple with the cream color and put up all the accessories, but it felt empty. So--back to the store I went, this time for a dark blue. Painted one wall. Still needed something. Painted scallops over the tub. Loved the scallops.
I'm still not sure if the blue is too dark for the small room, or if I should have used bright white rather than cream...but I've enjoyed experimenting. I love the fun monster accessories, the bright towel and rug--it a very kid-friendly space.

2 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

It looks great. I think as long as you have bright lighting the darker color will be fine!

Sherilyn said...

Cute!!