Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Contra Dancing

The other night Christian and I tried something very new. We heard through some friends of ours about Contra dancing--sort of a mix between country square dancing and Jane Austen-style formal dancing. We decided to give it a try a few weekends a go---and had a blast. At first I was a little weirded out by the eclectic mix of people (including 2 men in skirts), but was won over by the fun of it. It is a fast paced, fun dance, and we're planning to go again next month. The only thing that would make it better would be to have more friends come try it with us! Here's a short video of what it looks like--but unfortunately my camera didn't record the sound, so you can't hear the live band (I love a good fiddle).

4 comments:

Frau Magister said...

I must be going crazy because I heard sound when I played that video!

Robyn said...

Ok, maybe it was just me. I guess it works fine!

Kasey Hunt said...

That does look like fun. Glad you had a good time.

Annette Sugiyama said...

I think I can convince Preston to go...but getting him into a skirt might be more difficult...I'll see what I can do :)