Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pop goes the Wesel!

When I met my buddy Jessica, she didn't want another baby. She wanted a dog. Last winter, they got a big, gorgeous dog...and he bit her, so she gave it back and got pregnant instead. Didn't anyone tell her babies do worse than biting?!

Joking aside, I was pretty happy to throw a baby shower for the Wesels last weekend. For someone who doesn't like being in charge of things, I've had a lot to plan lately! Jessica is somewhat unconventional, so I wanted to do a less-conventional baby shower. Her husband, Kevin, didn't want to be left out, so we invited all the husbands (some were less than excited about the idea, but I think we won them over). We supplied the kids with mini-corn dogs, grapes, cookies, a movie, and requested they stay in the basement, which they *almost* did.

We basically enjoyed an evening of food and chatting. Because it was a baby shower, we had to have a game, so I chose a simple matching game: played like Memory, once you match two baby-related words, you win a corresponding candy bar (ex.:lactose intolerant=milk duds, conception= skor, delivery=push pop), and then the highlight of the night, a Jessica pinata, which the guys were very happy to help break open (only took a few hits!). (Inside was candy, of course, and some little plastic naked babies)(Kevin posting with his wife's likeness)

I made a smaller one for the kids, so they didn't feel left out (theirs wasn't shaped like a pregnant lady).I had a lot of help, so thanks to everyone who helped with food and keeping me sane (ish).
Good times, good friends, and hopefully soon, a cute baby!

4 comments:

val m said...

It was such a fun shower!! Thanks for all your hard work!! You're amazing!

Kasey Hunt said...

looks like you had a great time. I wish we could have made it.

Annette Sugiyama said...

totally wish I had a clone right now. for real. Looks like a REALLY good time. I'm impressed by your pinata making skillz!

AnnaBanana said...

Thanks for the fun party! and Thanks for the info on the diaper deal. I got such a great deal, I almost felt guilty!