Sunday, February 28, 2010

In her own words...

Last week Hannah brought home her school journal. She's in 2nd grade this year, and its so fun to read what she has to say about her life. Here are a few of my favorites:

"What would my job be?: What would my job be? Oh, I don't know. Maybe I need to think. Maybe...oh, no. Maybe that? No, that's too hard. I give up. I don't have anything. I'll just be me. Ok, I don't need a job. I'm just a regular person."

"Free Write: Did you know that me and my cousins have a very good time together?We make experiments and we have hot chocolate together and make forts and secret passages and we rescue animals and we all like animals. I like my cousins! Me and my cousins have lots of fun."
"How I would change a rock: I can change a rock because maybe if you take a rock and put in water and wait a day, maybe it will change."

"Naughty or Nice: This year I have been nice and naughty. But I will get presents. Every year I get presents."

Christian and I had a pretty good laugh reading her journal. I bet it will only get more fun as she gets older!

8 comments:

DeAnn said...

That first one is the best. I love the raw honesty. I'll show my kids her cousin entry--they'll like that.

val m said...

I love them!!! She is so cute!!! Such a priceless journal!

Robin V said...

Be sure to save these! We have a friend who has a notebook with funny things her kids have said through the years. The last time we visited, we had such fun reading them. (And even though her kids are all adults now, they still merit occasional entries...!)

mama.laughead said...

What do you mean it will only get more fun as she gets older? That sounds like you are going to read her teenage journal so you can know all her crushes.

Robyn said...

Oh, I definitely do intend to read her journal as she gets older. I mean, I would have hated it if my Mom had read mine, but she won't mind, right?

mama.laughead said...

So basically you are encouraging her not to keep a journal for the rest of her life because she will grow out of the habit as a teenager who can't trust her parents to respect her privacy... Maybe your mom did read your journals; was there anything juicy in there?

Robyn said...

My journal was about as interesting as any teen--so not much. But I will say--she handed me her journal voluntarily. I promise when I read it in secret I won't post it on the blog! That'll protect her privacy, right?

Annette Sugiyama said...

I'm gonna try that rock thing...I'll let you know what it changes into.