Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank goodness for friends...and brownies

I just wanna say how thankful I am for good friends...and girl talk...and brownies. We need all kinds of relationships, and get different benefits from each, but there's truly something special about girlfriends, and I'm thankful for mine tonight.
Right after I got married, I struggled relating to my friends from my single years. I remember visiting my old apartment one night when Christian was at work and cleaning their kitchen floor--I think I wanted to feel like I belonged there again. That night I told my friends that I was pregnant, and they were excited, but also--it felt like we ran out of things to say to each other. After that I stopped coming by as often, and it took me a few years to learn how to relay on girlfriends again, and I really missed it. Women need to talk.
I'm also thankful for brownies...I made some yesterday, and they were pretty good and now I can get back to eating healthy foods. :)
The other thing I love is fun music. I go to the YMCA a few times every week, and there is a huge difference in the type of workout I get depending on whether or not I get to listen to music while I workout. I just found this song, and this song, and they make me happy!

5 comments:

val m said...

I am sad I couldn't make it last night! I am glad that you have a good group of friends and I am amazed at how much a little chocolate can help sometimes!

Katie said...

Amen! I was able to meet a girlfriend for lunch the other day, and it was wonderful. Girl talk is definitely needed now and then. Wish I had a brownie, though, lol. :)

DeAnn said...

I'm glad you have good friends. I hope I don't go through too much of a drought. I wish you could stay in MI longer.

Annette said...

You're right on about the need for girlfriends...there is great power in women - and we all need that strengthening...glad you have them!

AnnaBanana said...

Thanks for the delish brownies! What a fun night full of girl talk! When can we do it again?