Monday, January 18, 2010

Imperfectionista does...couponing?

With so many good deals out there, I feel like I have to be a couponer, but its a long, hard, work in progress trying to figure it all out. One blogger I read brags about how she spends less than $40 a week on groceries...let me just say that I doubt I'll ever be that good... Bu last week I went to Meijer and had some success--and wanted to record it. I'm sure many die-hard deal seekers could do better, but this was something of a triumph for me.

So--what do you think I spent for all of this? For all of this plus the tp, 3 bottles of salad dressing, and 2 gallons of milk I couldn't fit in the picture?That's a lot of food. I won't mention it all, but in case you can't see, there are 4 boxes of fruit snacks hiding in the corner, 8 things of yogurt, 4 boxes of the good pasta, 2 bags of baby carrots, 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, 4 cans of cream soup....

$65...I saved $60 in coupons, deals, and smart shopping. So I guess I'm getting there.

Also, check out the weight loss ticker on the side of my blog. Christian is back on his diet, and it appears to be working. Since the first of the year, he's lost 15 lbs!

6 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Way to go Robyn. That's awesome.

Catherine Faux said...

That's cool. I am going to be a coupon-cutter as well. My goal is to get paid to shop. just kidding

Catherine Faux said...

no I have a better one: my goal is to spend 1$ / week...and thats just on the gumball machine outside...hahahahahahaha

DeAnn said...

Awesome! I got through phases with couponing. Sometimes it's a pain, other times it's a lot of fun. Indiana was the best because they would triple coupons.

val m said...

Way to go!!! You've got to love the feeling of being smart and getting great deals!! I've actually thought of driving to IN when there are great deals and taking advantage of the triple coupons. You can buy the coupons in bulk on ebay - We'll see if I ever really do it!! Would it be worth the gas $?? Only if there are a lot of great deals - like feeding my family for $24 a week!!!

Green's said...

Go Christian!! I thought he was looking a little trim. Now that's motivation to keep going.