Sunday, January 17, 2010

Doesn't happen very often...


This poor guy wasn't feeling very well this week (he was actually incredibly crabby). I'm not sure what was wrong--I kept waiting for a cough or fever to develop, but nothing happened. Just a lot of tears and crabbiness. On the plus side: Wednesday afternoon I put him down for a nap, but after an hour of hanging out in his crib, crying/playing/shaking the bars, I picked him up. His feet were freezing, I was tired, so I took him to my bed to warm him up and rest up a bit before a long afternoon. Aaron, dear little boy, fell asleep with his head on my chest. He hasn't let me hold him like that since he was a little baby! Even as a bigger baby, he always needed to be alone to go to sleep. I held him for an hour (and even got a little nap, myself). It was seriously the highlight of my week.
Also--Nathan played happily by himself the entire time!

4 comments:

val m said...

Very precious!!! They grow up so fast!!! You hate to see them sick, but have to love the snuggle time!!

DeAnn said...

So sweet. Isaac was sick too--and his husky little sick voice sounds exactly like Aaron! Hope he's better this week.

Jennie and Adam said...

Those kinds of moments are the paycheck of motherhood!

mama.laughead said...

I love cuddling. When my kids will cuddle, nothing else is important. I will send Mike out to buy dinner. Love it.