Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful for MA

(Jumping with joy)
We are very thankful that we are done with Christian's MULA (mandatory unpaid leave of absense) and thankful that we could spend the week with his brother, Adam, and family (well, mostly the family...Adam had to work like most normal people). We are thankful that they put us to work stacking wood for their fireplace, teaching us how to can chicken and soup (and thankful that Jennie canned applesauce for me!), and thankful that the kids got to play with their cousin-friends (as Nathan called them). We are also thankful that our nephew, Jacob, was baptized, (Oh, wait, that's Joshua...Let me try again)(Yup, that's Jacob)(can you count how many Green boys are in this picture?)
and that we could spend a few days with Grandpa and Bethany and Mom and Pop Johanson.

We are also very thankful that we got to spend a day in Maine! With unbelievable good weather for November, we played on the rocky beach, enjoyed a picnic and played some ultimate frisbey, and finished off the day with some outlet shopping in Kittery. Oh, and we also visited Stonewall Kitchen, which is this amazing gourmet food-stuff store (with samples). And I'm thankful to be able to add 2 states (New Hampshire, Maine) to my list of states visited.(Well, at least we tried...)
Oh, and I'm thankful that I could spend an afternoon walking all over Cambridge (in the rain) chatting with my dear friend and old roommate, Sherilyn

7 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Glad you had such a fun trip.

Jennie and Adam said...

What a fun trip! I would love to go to Maine someday. Glad to have you back!

DeAnn said...

Too fun!

Annelise said...

Jealous! Nathan and Andrew look like brothers

Sherilyn said...

It was so nice to have a chance to visit. Come again when you can!

Adam Green said...

We had a great time! You have some pictures that I need. For some reason I couldn't access them in the email. See you soon!

val m said...

I love the lighthouse picture!! IT looks so beautiful there!