Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween

Was Halloween really a week ago?!
So--I tried to go simple with costumes. The kids wore costumes from last year, or hand-me-downs. Rachel always wants to be a princess, fairy, or fairy princess, and every one of our kids has worn the little tiger suit I got at Hannah's baby shower (thanks, Megan!). Nathan wore the same super-hero costume I made for him last year.Daddy wanted something to replace his old Tigger suit. Thursday night I ran to the fabric store and while looking at some hot pink fleece, I had an inspiration! We spent the next 8 hours, until 4:00 am Friday morning, making Daddy into Rachel's pink bear. He won the Trunk or Treat costume contest, by the way. Rachel thought he was pretty silly--and cuddly.At Hannah's school, she walked in a costume parade and got to carry the sign for her class. Walking next to her in this picture is her teacher, who is dressed as a Jonas brother.I love my neighborhood, and I think its perfect for trick-or-treating. Christian doesn't like "begging for candy" (I think its a Green-thing--he never went as a kid), so I took the kids. I love it that we know so many people in our neighborhood, that everyone Hannahs sees is a friend, and that it is the perfect size for trick-or-treating in less than an hour (Rachel and Aaron only lasted 20 min).

4 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! I LOVE that your dh dressed up as a pink bear! So fun!

DeAnn said...

Jonathan doesn't like "begging" for candy either.

val m said...

I think there is something very magical about Halloween! The costumes look great! Christian cracks me up!! I love his expression in the picture!

Sabrina said...

Oh, I love the pink bear thing! There is a man who is comfortable with his manliness.