Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School

It's the most wonderful time of the year! We loved our summer break, but Rachel has been asking to go to school since the first day of vacation. We were so ready! Here are the girls on the way out the door...
Hannah is in 2nd grade and Rachel is starting Kindergarten. They both attend different schools, so it makes mornings and afternoons a little complicated, but we'll figure it out.
Hannah loves her teacher--she was so excited to get Mr. Cox because he has a snake and isn't supposed to give a lot of homework.
Rachel goes to all-day Kindergarten. She spends her morning in a regular K-class with an interpreter (there are 3 deaf-ish kids in the class) and the afternoon in a classroom for K-5 hearing impaired kids. By the time she gets home she's wiped out and cranky, but I can tell she's having fun. Once we have a better routine, I think it will go more smoothly for all of us.
I'm so grateful for good teachers! I've been so impressed with my experience with public schools. When I walked Rachel to class on the first day (we were a little late), her teacher was telling the class about sign language and explaining that all the kids would get to learn some sign language. I about cried with gratitude for how they are going to far to help my daughter. And Hannah's school is very careful about choosing teachers based on a child's temperament. She's had 5 fabulous teachers already! I'm just so thankful I can know that they are in good hands.

5 comments:

val m said...

The girls look so darling!!! I am glad they have good teachers, it helps a lot!!! I am glad they are being so good to Rachel!

Marcy said...

Those pictures are adorable! I hope once I have school age children, they have great teachers as well!

Kasey Hunt said...

Glad to hear you are having such good experiences with the school systems!!

Katie said...

Robyn, this is DeAnn's friend, Katie. Email me and if you want you can have my extra "gospel gallery of art stuff"...I have pallates, paint spots, mosaic squares, and title/artist labels for each piece of art. stewartfam at gmail dot com. I hate throwing stuff away. :)

DADDY said...

WOW, these are the greatest kids, I am so glad that there aRE TEACHERS that want to teach. I am more than equally glad that my grandchildren have a mother that loves them