Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Pounder...

Even though I've had a recent 4 month slump, I've lost 35 lbs. so far this year. That does mean, however, that I have to stop eating everything I cook. My new tactic is to get other people to do it for me - I get to live vicariously through my neighbors and friends.

I've wanted to make a custom "pounder" burger for some time, so I talked one of the young men from church, Kyle, into eating my creation. We had his family over yesterday for a BBQ, and I made him his own cheeseburger "pounder", hand made bun and all...

Here he is, posing before he takes the first bite.

And - the first bite!

Only fifteen minutes later, he gets to his last bite...

And the face of a satisfied 16 year-old.

Actually, I was a little disappointed that he polished it off in only fifteen minutes. It obviously wasn't much of a challenge to him. I've already started thinking...double anyone???

2 comments:

val m said...

That sounds yummy - well at least 1/4 of the burger would be great! Anytime you need to watch others enjoy your creations - just give us a call!

DeAnn said...

That's kind of gross. But I'd eat one of your 1/4 pounders. You make good food! I haven't had an omelet the last 2 times I've come...