Thursday, August 27, 2009

No more excuses--I've been home from vacation for a week and a half and had a working, reliable computer for nearly a week, so I have to get back to blogging regularly.

So what have we been up to for the last week and a half?

First off, I had to take Rachel to the doctor for a back to school check-up, which included learning that she had a UTI and needed medicine and a renal ultrasound (which was normal). While there, to entertain the kids, I let them play with my camera. Silly Mom. So here's a kids' view picture of me at the Pediatrician's office.



The next big thing was a YW activity that started out as a sleepover and turned into a dinner/movie activity last Friday. I have this Pizza Hut pizza recipe that tastes better than the real stuff, and when we lived in Shelby I taught the YW to make it and they loved it, so I thought it would be fun to try again. Actually, it was stressful. All the shopping (expecting 10-12 people to feed) and planning after a trip was a bit more than I wanted to handle. But--our girls are a lot of fun, so its always fun to be with them.

I taught the girls to make the pizza (which, by the way, didn't turn out well at all--too much flour and hair--yes, hair--in the crust), including following and doubling a recipe and kneading bread by hand. Then we made scented bath salts and a sugar scrub, followed by a showing of Mobsters and Mormons.
So happy to be there...
After all that, DeAnn and her kids came to visit Monday-Wednesday, but I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately. We let the kids play and entertain themselves mostly, but on Tuesday we took them to the AirZoo and then let them play on the Slip 'n Slide. I also made the pizza again, just to prove that I can, and it turned out great. We love having them come because our kids are close in age and we always have a good time. DeAnn and I got to slip out and go see a few movies, too (Julie & Julia, thumbs up, PostGrad, not so much).

Seriously, I'm so ready for school to start, but we still have another week and a half! The kids and I are going crazy and are desperate to get back to something like a routine. Hannah will be in 2nd grade, Rachel will start all-day Kindergarten (1/2 day in a regular K-classroom, 1/2 day in a Hearing Impaired class for special help and speech), and I will head back for the first time in 6 years to take an ASL class at the local community college.

3 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Yay for you!

DeAnn said...

I'm excited for you to take that class. You'd better get an A!

Stanley said...

I just love looking at my family. I love you all so much. It was great having you visit. Come often and stay long!!!!!