Sunday, June 28, 2009

My imperfect Sunday...

My imperfect Sunday actually started on Saturday, which I spent chaperoning Youth Conference... which is seriously one of the most boring jobs ever (You're not a youth participating and not in charge so there isn't much to do). I came home with a migraine, took Excedrin, and was up until 1:00 thanks to the caffeine in it (and thanks to Netflix Watch Instantly--I love That Thing You Do!). Oh, and did I mention that Christian decided to make eclairs that night for the ward choir practice the next day?
So--Sunday morning, Christian made breakfast and finished his eclairs (approx. 6 hours worth of work altogether, mounds and mounds of eclairs) while I get 4 kids ready, got myself ready, and finished prepping my YW lesson, including cutesy handouts and tape-in quotes for the girls' scriptures. Off to church (only 25 minutes late), racing with Christian, who had to drive separately, while I explain to Nathan why it isn't smart to race Daddy to church on Sunday ("I like to win!" he said). I pulled in first, by the way.
At church, we make the usual desperate attempt to make our kids sit nicely and pay attention and not be too distracting for the people sitting nearby. Then I taught my YW lesson on--what else?--how to keep the Sabbath day holy...abd realized that I left my lesson and handouts at home. Oh, the irony....
After church, I completely lost Nathan. Looked all over the building and couldn't find him. Grabbed Christian out of choir practice to help me look and we eventually found him. In the van, buckled in.
"I'm first! I did it first! I win!"
Good for you, Nathan.
We ended the day with a fun dinner with our good friends, the Wesels (also the family who sit behind us and are routinely disturbed by our crazy kids).
An absolutley crazy day--but every time I thought I ought to be angry or break down, I couldn't help but laugh because it was just all so typical and ridiculous. I can't believe tomorrow is Monday again!

7 comments:

Jennie and Adam said...

Isn't it too bad that Monday comes after Sunday? Sometimes I think another Saturday would work better to start the week off.

And now that I know about the choir eclaires I may just have to start coming!!

Kasey Hunt said...

Treats at choir practice? I may have to start coming.

DeAnn said...

I love it! I hope you have a good week.

Amy said...

Sounds so sad! I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Jess said...

I am not sure that you routinely disturb us, or if it is the other way around... I think Aaron might be a little more peaceful if we were not constantly egging him on. =) At least it makes for a great story! =) We love you guys!

THE GREEN MandMS said...

Sound like you did well.

val m said...

I think that Sundays become the day of rest at about 8:00 in the evening!!!!! I've left a lot of things at home too - it makes me miss having the church be around the block! It's not a choice to run home and pick it up! I used to be able to go home and roll out rolls between meetings!