Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dental Events

(I promise--pictures soon!)

This afternoon Hannah and I had check-ups with the dentist. When I scheduled the appointments, I expected Christian to be around to watch the littler people, but he left early this morning for North Carolina. So--we had a crowded exam room. The hygenist was accommodating...for most of the cleaning, Aaron sat on my lap, watching, while Hannah asked homework questions from the corner and Nathan tore leaves off the potted tree. In the middle of all this, Hannah pulled a book out of her backpack and started to read. I was more than a little surprised to find that my 6 year old keeps a paperback copy of the Book of Mormon in her school backpack and is reading it in her spare time. Completely on her own. Lately she's been asking a lot of gospel questions (How can I know its true? What if I don't think my prayers are answered?) and we've told her that the first step is to learn the gospel and practice choosing the right.
Well, folks, my daughter is a better person than I am. I'm going to go to bed, but first, I think I'll read a little from my scriptures.

8 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

wow, that's impressive.

val m said...

I am always amazed and humbled at how much our children teach us! She is a special little girl!

DeAnn said...

Awesome. Where was Rachel?

Robyn said...

Fortunately, Rachel was still at school. 3 was more than enough; 4 would have been crazy.

Jess said...

Woah... impressive. Makes me want to read my scriptures. Yikes.

Alexia said...

That's so cute. Also, I made those brownies and they were amazing.

Annelise said...

I can't believe she is only six! My parents had to practically bribe us to read the BOM before we turned eight. She has a great head-start.

John at Hella Sound said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.