Thursday, May 7, 2009

It pays to keep the car clean

Guess what I found while cleaning out our van--

Yup, Christian's wedding ring. He lost it in church, in Atlanta while we were visiting family, nearly 2 years ago. Or so we thought. Turns out it was in our van under a seat the whole time. Good thing we didn't buy a new one!

(Side note--this is not the first ring he's lost. The first year we were married he lost his nice ring while working on our front yard in our first house. This ring we bought from his brother Marc for $10--bought off Ebay...I can't complain much, because I lost my ring the week before our wedding on the hill behind the Maeser building. It was lost in the snow for two days before his friend found it in the melting snow on his way home from classes. Can you imagine if someone else had found it??!! Lesson learned? Don't do snow angels without gloves, no matter how excited you are that classes are over. And hang on to those rings! And clean your car!)

6 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Glad to hear you found it. Q's 1st ring is still in Lake Michigan somewhere!!

DeAnn said...

How do your rings fall off? Mine barely fits my finger anymore!

Frau Magister said...

I remember the snow-angel-lost-ring incident. A reminder that prayer works!

val m said...

What a great find!! I only find dried up bananas when I clean my car out!!

BeccaJane said...

I'm so scared of losing my rings, I love them sooo much!! When I was pregnant, they didn't fit and it made me so nervous to have them just sitting on my dresser!
Glad you found it, I bet he was happy!

Robin said...

People clean their cars...? What an idea!

You reminded me of my nephew's experience. Several days before his wedding, his fiance discovered that their young dog had eaten the box containing his wedding ring - and, of course, the ring itself. Unfortunately, she didn't discover this in time to adequately monitor his output, so one of their pre-wedding tasks was dashing off to buy a new ring...