Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fixing a tear the imperfectionista way

I've been at the YMCA a lot lately...(ran 1.25 miles today--big accomplishment for me)...and as I really only have one pair of exercise pants, they take a lot of abuse. I noticed yesterday morning that they had split on the inside seam, and rather than buy new ones (I'm cheap) I thought I'd try to fix them. This is what I came up with:First, pin the seam together......using leftover monkey fabric from Hannah's pajamas. Then,realize I don't have grey thread to match the pants, so find green thread (cuz its close enough).Stitch together...not bothering to notice that the tension needs to be adjusted when using the zig zag stitch...So, color in the white bobbin thread with a black permanent marker.
And it worked! But I am considering looking for another pair, just in case my patch doesn't hold.
Here's a teaser for something I've been working on for the last few months...hopefully, I'll have something pretty to show soon...

4 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

way to go. :)

Domestic Goddess said...

I would rank that as being even cooler than if you bought new ones or had matching thread. You are resourceful.

Catherine Faux said...

Oops that is me, Catherine. I am using Leland's mom's computer.

DeAnn said...

Your blog isn't telling me when you update so I keep missing posts. Is that your height chart?