Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fuzzy head= Bad bread

I haven't been sick for a long time, so I can't really complain...but having a cold makes being a Mom (or a functioning person, for that matter) difficult. Last night, as I rushed to make dinner, pick up Hannah from the YMCA's after school club, and make cinnamon rolls for Hannah's snack day at school, and head off to make curly hair bows at a friends' house, something had to slip my mind. The first thing--I totally forgot that the whole reason I put Hannah in the after school club was that every Wednesday afternoon Rachel has speech therapy--which she badly needs and I have fought hard to get--and I simply forgot and didn't go yesterday. The other, mildly important thing...while making bread, I forgot to put in sugar. I didn't realize it until the cinnamon rolls were baked and iced. Fortunately, they still rose beautifully and when covered in sugar and icing they taste sweet enough...and I guess its better than leaving out the yeast, which I have done twice this winter. Bread without yeast doesn't work much better than a Mom with a cold.

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

Sounds like quite the day. I'm sorry you missed Rachel's therapy...what a bummer!

Kasey Hunt said...

I'm glad you came out last night. It's fun hanging out with you.

Catherine Faux said...

Oh man I hate being sick. Hope you feel a lot better!

Randy, Ally, and Wes said...

Colds are the worst, most unromantic ailment. Not sick enough to be in bed, but sick enough to be miserable. Hope yours goes away soon!

val m said...

I just got a planner for Christmas so I would hopefully remember things. Now I just have a hard time remembering where I put my planner!!!