Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fail: Pajama bottoms

Have you heard of the fail blog? I've decided I need to add a personal edition:

Pajamas: FAIL!!
I thought it would be fun; I thought it might be cheaper; I thought I knew enough about sewing not to mess it up. Little did I know...The thing is, I still don't know how to fix it. When I saw what I had done, I laughed so hard and ran to grab the camera. I mean, it takes a special skill to do this...! The seam ripper is becoming a great friend...the kind of friend you only see when times are tough.

I frequently find myself in situations like these--well intentioned, simple-minded mistakes. Now, I generally consider myself intelligent (definitely losing it as I have more kids and get older), but mishaps like these seem inevitable. The other day while pondering my perpetually not-quite-there moments, I came up for a new name for myself, and I'm considering starting another blog specifically for people like me...Ladies and gentlemen, to celebrate these moments for myself and all others like me, I now dub myself the "Imperfectionista." I even have a slogan..."So good at not being great!" So, anyone with me? You wanna join my club?

6 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

you r great!!!

Jennie and Adam said...

I just did this to a pair of pants for Meredith! After about an hour I realized that I had sewn the two back pieces to themselves and the two front pieces to themselves to make sideways pants! To fix it I had to take all four pieces apart (again)and match them up to the pattern then mark with a pencil which was front and which was the back. Then I followed the directions and it worked out much better. Good luck!

DeAnn said...

Are those supposed to be pants?! :)

Alexia said...

well the fabric is really cute.

val m said...

Ahhh! The joys of sewing!!!!I can't count how many times I spend about 20 minutes pinning and then slowly sewing the beautiful sleave into the dress to find that I put it backwords!!! I am getting ready to sew the girls Easter Dresses and I might have to post all of my lovely mistakes for your club! You really are GREAT!!

The Kelley Family said...

Ha Ha! I just had to laugh out loud on that one! The joys of sewing!