Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A year ago...

We've now lived in Michigan for one full year. Last year at this time, we were surrounded by boxes, trying to unpack and organize, putting kids in school, and trying to meet people. Last week, I took Hannah to her schools' roller skate night and loved that I knew lots of people, either from our neighborhood or from the ward we live in (but don't attend--we go to a "Deaf" ward). Given our history, its about time for us to be moving on...but thankfully, we aren't headed anywhere else for a while. Christian came today and told me his company had laid off 5% of the employees at his office in Galesburg, and more in their facilities across the country. We are so thankful that he still has his job. I really enjoy living here, and we're counting our blessings. Good ward, good job (cross our fingers, hope it lasts), and we're making good friends.

3 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Yay for you! I like you guys and don't want Christian to lose his job...not that I wish that for people I don't like...actually I can't say someone I dislike but you get the idea. Good job.

val m said...

We are glad that you are here!! We hope you stay a long time!! We've been here 18 months now and it is starting to feel more like home - I could really do without this coldfront though!

DeAnn said...

I hear ya! Although Jonathan and I are getting that itch to move on. Only because Milwaukee stinks! But my heart will break to leave our friends. I'm doing another insane girls night out next week at a bar to hear The Lucas Cates Band!