Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What to do?!

Nathan is three and a half, and is fairly well potty trained during the day. But--we still put him in pull-ups at night because every time we try to get rid of them, he wets the bed. He even wets sometimes during naps. Am I being wimpy to let him stay in pull-ups? I'd love to not buy them anymore--should I just be more firm? Or is he still young enough that he must might not be ready? I'm not sure. We have a similar issue with Rachel (and she'll be five in April), but I've kind of assumed it is one more of her many physical issues. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

gibson was almost 4 when he was fully potty trained. I think putting pull ups on at night is okay. One day, Gibson just got it. But I suppose every kid is different.

DeAnn said...

Karen is still in pull-ups so I'm not the one to ask!

Catherine Faux said...

my vote is for the pull-ups until he doesn't need them. If he is anything like our family, it may take him a few more years yet to stop wetting the bed. Good luck! Lucy and I are trying round two of potty training whenever it stops snowing and I can make it to the store to buy underwear.

Jennie and Adam said...

We're still working on it with Parker, and he's already four. Since he does totally fine during the day, I just assume he's not ready for the night time thing, but that with time he will be. And basically, I don't want to wash sheets every day!

Jess said...

Our Dr. told us when we were having problems with Little K that he was probably just sleeping to hard to wake up and that pull ups were worth it. He is mostly fine now, but when there is a lot of chaos he was struggling for a while, but we think he has finally out grown it... Whew. Pull Ups can be a Mom's best friend.

The Christoffersen Family said...

I hear that's totally normal, especially for boys. My 7 year old nephew STILL needs pull ups at night. His Dr told my sister that boys just take longer and like one of your friends said, if they sleep really hard it's hard to wake up and know you need to "go". I say stick with it, you're doing great!

Tiffani said...

Good luck... I feel your pain and wish I had some answers for you. My only answer is pray for patience. :)