Thursday, January 15, 2009

Three Ears, Four Eyes


Early in our marriage, Christian and I used to wonder what our kids would look like. His hands on my arms? His nose on my face? I mean, we were seriously worried that we'd create a monster. Of course, we all know now that my kids are adorable, so no worries. What actually happened is that Christian's bad eyesight combined with my genes for hearing trouble and we get....the three-eared, four-eyed Rachel!
Seriously, she loves her new glasses. She fell in love with these purple frames and wouldn't even try any other ones on.
So, is she headed for chronic nerd-hood in her adolescence, or what?

7 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

She is so cute!!

Jess said...

I love it! I have to say I love the title too... cracked me right up!

Alexia said...

she looks so great. and yes, by virtue of marrying Christian, you are going to have nerdy kids.

On the bright side, I've always enjoyed my nerdiness.

DeAnn said...

She looks darling...I can't wait to see her in person.

val m said...

She has great taste! I love the glasses - they are way too cute!!!

Mulder said...

She looks cute! I totally worry about Reese and Grace needing glasses; I really hope they get RD"s great eyesight...I mean, how'd they stay on their ears without pushing aids off, and all that hardware! and they have no hope for straight teeth.. middle school could get pretty difficult. But, Rachel looks adorable, and hopefully she won't mind them ever.

Amy said...

She is getting so grown up! She is an adorable three-eared, four-eyed girl!