Friday, January 30, 2009

Ice bones

The other day I took Nathan outside to "help" me shovel snow. We didn't shovel well after the last few snow days, so we had a layer of ice nearly 3 in thick on the driveway. After a bit of work, we got it to come up in these large sheets. I started to place in them in the snow piles on either side of our driveway, and Nathan and I thought they looked like plates on a dinosaurs' back. After that, Nathan began to hunt for dino bones while I excavated our driveway.

4 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

I did that yesterday. 45 minutes later I had it done. I wish I had a helper!!

whitney2001 said...

You know, I tried leaving you a comment back in December when I had run accross your blog but I dont see it and I dont know if it worked or what really happened but I thought Id give it another try. Back in December I felt inspired to look for you again so I just typed your names in the google field and you popped right up! Which is remarkable because over the years Ive tried other things with no such luck. :) Anyways, Im so happy to see you're all so happy and healthy and blessed. Can't think of anyone else who deserves it more! Ive thought of you often over the years and Im so greatful for the chance to feel like Ive gotten to check in. Happy New Year. Erica

Robyn said...

Okay, Erica, you have to give me some way to get in touch with you. I've tried several times but haven't found anything!

val m said...

I'm impressed that you were able to make something fun out of the shoveling! My girls and I were not finding the joy in it while we were shoveling! I was NOT very happy to wake up to more snow today! Argh!!