Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 7th Anniversary!

7 years seems like really long time..but when I think about all that has happened in the last 7 years, I can't believe we've had time for it all.
I spent this evening scanning in a bunch of photos from our dating/engagement/wedding (pre-digital camera) and thought I'd share.
Anyone remember these things? My very diligent home-teacher taught my apartment how to play a hymn for ward prayer by banging these hollow tubes on our heads.Before we were dating, Christian and our friend, Joey, came to Washington to visit my friend, Joy, and me. One year later, both couples were married.The night Christian proposed, he enlisted his younger sister, Bethany, and brother, Peter, to be our servers at a dinner for us and our friends.Our engagement photo:Halloween during our engagement: Tony the Tiger and his Frosted Flake (so many uses for that Tigger suit--so sad we can't find it!)Outside Mt. Timpanogos Temple with our family and friends (on a very cold day...
With Christian's parents (who were kind enough to share their anniversary with us)With my family...gee, he's kind of tall, isn't he?Shotgun wedding....Just kidding--that's my nephew, SpencerOpening presents--I included this picture because it would embarrass Bethany (love the braided pigtails) and because I love Christian's mother, who did so much for us as we planned our wedding day, and just because she's amazing. (For those who don't know, she passed away about 4 years ago.)

6 comments:

val m said...

You guys are such a cute cute couple!!! Congrats on 7 years!! I think it gets better every year and I loved it from the begining!

Frau Magister said...

Good times - still can't believe that was seven years ago! Congrats! I'm really sorry about the tiger suit, I hope it turns up.

Annelise said...

Wow! So many memories! Congratulations on seven years!

Katie said...

Happy anniversary!

I think you'll probably have to read a LOT of my posts before you find out why we're in HK. :) We've been here for over 5 years now.The short story is that my hubby is originally from here (his family moved to the US when he was 13), and he decided to come back here for medical school. He graduated in June, and is now an intern. We'll be here for sure until June 2010. Next Fall, he'll start applying for residencies back in the States, and the following March we'll find out what our "fate" is. :) We may end up staying in HK permanently, but it's too early to tell for now.

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! I sent a card, but it was stolen from our mailbox and ruined. (I'm not kidding!) I hope you had a wonderful day!

DeAnn said...

Are you itchy?