Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A few more things...

'Tis the season for...finally decorating my house! I am very reluctant to spend money on stuff for my home. Not because I don't want to--or because I don't know what to get--no, simply because once I start buying for my home, I'll never stop. So for now, I'm trying to make the best of what I already have, a design skill I learned from my Mom. Just after we moved here, my lovely children ruined the frames we used for our family pictures and a special finger painting Christian and I had done on a date soon after we were married (and had it framed a matted, just for fun). That sort of de-railed my plans for decorating my home. But finally....
I hung my star where it was always supposed to go...and hung a mirror (another hand-me-down, and something I don't necessesarily love) and swag (wedding present--has seen better days) where the star used to hang, and actually dusted (who knew dusting would actually make a difference?). This little peice of wall used to remind me of all that I had yet to do with my home. Now, even though it isn't exactly how I'd like it to be, it makes me happy to know that I've done something, and for no cost).
Here are a few more holiday crafts--
the stockings I made before Nathan was born...and I just finished one for Aaron.my spiffed up entry hall (I just might leave the red berries up all year--I just love them!)I still need to get some furniture for my entry...but I don't have anything around the house that will suit the purpose, so that will have to wait for now.
P.S. I'll know I'm an expert blogger when I can post super-nice pictures..but for now, sorry that the pictures are dark and maybe oddly colored...)

4 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Looks good. You have a really nice house. I saw on a blog that a lady did silhouettes of her kids and put them in frames on the walls. I thought it looked like a fun idea. I think they were just done with black card stock.

val m said...

Your house looks so beautiful!! I love love love the berries aroung the curved window - I would keep it up too!!

Heather said...

What a beautiful home!

Katie said...

Hi Robyn,

I don't know if you remember me (Katie Johnson from Mill Creek Ward). I stumbled upon your blog when looking through other people's links. :) Just wanted to say hi and that you have a beautiful family! I have a blog, too, if you want to check it out...

http://thewanfamilyadventures.blogspot.com