Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rachel's first-ish words

Here's a quick (low-quality) video of Rachel's first-ish words. I left out "no" because all kids, even the deaf ones, can say that, so it isn't something to brag about. We have a long way to go, but I'm thrilled to see her making progress.
video
She actually starting saying "hot" today as well--and spelling it, without me showing her how. She's really interested in how to spell words and likes to find words in books.

We had her parent-teacher conference last night, and I really love her teacher and classroom. She's learning a ton, and basically her main limitation is that we don't sign well enough to keep up with what she wants to say. Her teacher is also concerned that her implant isn't giving her enough information, but she's already doing much better than the doctors expected. She has a check-up and CT scan next week so we can check to see if everything is working as it should.

8 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Yay! Good for Rachel!

Deinda said...

=D Yay!!! I'm so psyched for you guys! That's so cool!

Annelise said...

Wow! I didn't realize she could speak so well! Good job Rachel!!!!

Natalie said...

I`ve heard Rachel say "mama" a million times! Just so you know, I have started to blo again I made book 3# of super G, its atakk of the diapers!

DeAnn said...

I'm glad she's doing so well. Can't wait to see you soon!

Debbie said...

YEAH!! How long has she had her implant on now, it's not two years yet right? that's great, and so exciting! Great job you guys! Hooray Rachel!

Tiffani said...

That is so great! I cam tell that she is a beautiful little girl both inside and out!

Joyous said...

This is such a happy post! Hurray for Rachel and for Robyn! It's so fun to see her progress. It's also fun to see the ease with which she signs.