Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Project

I found a pattern for this skirt on one of those crafty blogs, and it only took me six months to get around to making it. Rachel has this adorable shirt (actually it was given to Hannah, but we never had anything to go with it so she never wore it!) and I had to find something to match.
Unfortunately, I never did get a good picture of Rachel actually wearing the skirt, but needless to say, she looked cute.
If you're interested in making the skirt, I'd use a wider elastic and wider waistband, and maybe slightly less material around the waist (at least for a kid as skinny as Rachel).
What do you think?

6 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

So adorable. Some day I'll learn how to sew!!

Jennie and Adam said...

You did a fantastic job! It's so fun when a project comes together!

DeAnn said...

It's cute! Does she wear it or still prefer her $4 walmart dress?! Natalie said the other day that Hannah got the fun, crafty mom and the dad that likes to cook! I guess that makes Jonathan and I just lame.

Robyn said...

I've always really liked Natalie.

Debbie said...

that was a funny comment...such a cute outfit, i'm impressed you actually got a project done! yeah! i have a 18-gallon bin of half or not started projects...

Catherine Faux said...

Cute! I am crossing my fingers for a sewing machine this year and if it happens, I'd love to get the pattern and make one for Lucy.