Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! We enjoyed a busy, fun day, with multiple costume changes. Rachel's school chose to do a "Harvest Day" rather than Halloween, so Rachel dressed as a cow-girl/farmer (can you tell she enjoyed her look?). Hannah had a party and parade at her school (Nathan, Aaron, and I went to watch the parade).


Then for dinner we ate mummies (hot dogs wrapped in breadsticks), bug brains (applesauce), and grubs and blood to drink (crystal light, 7-up, mandarin oranges). The girls dressed as princesses, Nathan was a superhero, and Aaron was a tiger (Grrrrr). Aaron actually spent all day as a tiger because I thought he looked so cute. We love our neighborhood and I enjoyed trick-or-treating because we were able to see so many of our friends---Hannah loves other kids! Rachel loved the candy, and Nathan was done about half-way through the neighborhood--which was fine with me (he stayed home with Daddy). Aaron came along for the ride--he lasted as long as he was supplied with Kit-Kat bars.Here are the girls, enjoying their haul.And then, apparently Halloween last for a few days. This afternoon, they all switched outfits for a fun afternoon.This little piggy likes Halloween!

7 comments:

DeAnn said...

Did you put Rachel's hair in rollers? So cute. Sounds like a fun time. I keep finding half eaten candy bars all over the house. And candy wrappers. I'll be glad when it's gone. It seems I become less and less of a Halloween fan each year!

Catherine Faux said...

I really like how Rachel's shirt is so bright in the first picture. I'm glad you posted your pictures. I was looking forward to seeing them all weekend. I like your creative dinner. I might steal it for next year.

The Christoffersen Family said...

How fun! Did you make that cow girl hat?? Your kids are so adorable. Man I bet PJ and Nathan would have a blast playing "Superman" together!

Jennie and Adam said...

I'm glad to hear Halloween lasts several days at your house too! My kids keep checking to see if we can go door to door looking for candy today!

Robyn said...

Yes, I put Rachel's hair in rollers and no, I didn't make Rachel's headband/hat (Jo-Ann's for $2.50). Rachel keeps asking to go trick-or-treating again and every night during Nathan's prayer he says thanks for the candy. Gotta love kids!

Annelise said...

Looks like everyone had fun! Very creative dinner for Halloween.

Amy said...

So fun! You guys are such a cute family!