Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One year ago...

I just had to post something over that weird head cake.
Last week marked the one year anniversary since Rachel had her last surgery. Can I tell you how thrilled we are to have gone one entire year without any major medical event?! (even before Rachel, we dealt with Christian cutting off the tip of his finger and several sprained ankles--much smaller, but still...)
She's doing really well. We're working on getting her set up with a specialized speech therapist, but for now the things that she does at school are a huge help. She is so close to saying a few words, but can imitate the vowel sounds of many words. Her sign vocabulary is increasing, as well. Her balance is improving, as well as her confidence.
One of these days I'll post a video of her attempts at speech, but I don't think it'll be very clear what she's trying to say.

4 comments:

Jennie and Adam said...

Congratulations on a quiet medical year! I'm so happy that you are seeing Rachel progress!

DeAnn said...

I'm so glad she's doing well. I guess this year was our turn to support the medical industry! And thanks for posting over that freaky head!

Annelise said...

That makes me so happy! Yay! I am also glad that Christian has stopped abusing himself.

Debbie said...

Happy! That's so exciting. Sometimes when I watch our family dvd's of when Reese is younger I'm shocked at how little I can understand what he's saying, but I totally got it then.. funny.