Friday, August 29, 2008

Performance Review

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." (Lord Goring from An Ideal Husband)

The other day, Christian's second level manager (his boss' boss) called Christian into his office to give him some advice --when he told me about it, I couldn't stop laughing.

His boss said that Christian is good at his job, hard working, all that... and gave him a few areas to work on. My favorite are:
1. Manage your arrogance
2. Learn humility

So--any of you who know Christian, what do you think?

I love it that these things were listed separately--maybe they needed to be emphasized? Christian had to ask a question--"What should I do when I disagree with you and I feel I'm right?"

(note--this boss is quitting his job and leaving--I think both he and Christian were being somewhat more candid than they might otherwise be)

6 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Haha that is funny. Christian, you crack us up! We think you are super cool though. What was your boss' answer?

Christian said...

He said I need to do a better job of listening. He cited several examples when I "tuned him out" as I was ready to explain my reasoning. Ultimately very good advice. I'm going to pay more attention to how discuss various ideas.

Robyn said...

I'm just glad someone else said something to him so I didn't have to!
hehhehehehe

DeAnn said...

I tagged you.

Alexia said...

Oh that is really funny. At least that's better than being told you don't have self-confidence, right?

Joyous said...

So funny. I've never really thought about it before, but I guess Christian does have a way of knowing what he wants and convincing everyone involved that it's a good idea. :)