Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chocolate Update

Well, one week down, three to go, and so far, so good.
I chose chocolate because not only do I crave it almost constantly, I am usually disappointed after I give in. I mean, there's a lot of bad chocolate out there (most store-bought cookies and brownies, most candy bars, and, I'm sorry to say, nearly everything at potluck dinners. It might look pretty, but it doesn't satisfy) . My plan (after this month) is to stick to the good stuff--if I'm going to give in, it better be for something good. (When I get more organized, I'll post recipies for some of my favorites)
The other reason I chose to do this is that every day around 2:00 I get a huge sweets craving. I think it has something to do with needing a mid-day pick-me-up. I often give in, but I find that it doesn't really fix the problem. So, I'm working on finding alternatives, such as a nap (luxury!), drinking enough water, or getting sufficient exercise. I'm even looking for a recipe for home-made energy bars (that taste good...). I'll let you know if I have a breakthrough. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Catherine Faux said...

Wow Robyn. You rock. I'll be sure to check out those recipes when you find them! Good luck with the rest of the month.