Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gone again

Christian is in Sagine (spelling?), Texas, for the next few days, so here I am, on my own again. Fortunately, the kids are doing really well. He's been gone all of three hours, and I'm doing well. That's something, right!
The girls are taking swim classes in the mornings, Mon-Thurs for the next two weeks and absolutely love it. Rachel throws major fits when class ends, but she'll learn. Nathan is a little bummed that he isn't in class, but he is very forgiving.
Yesterday we enjoyed another one of those near perfect days. After a busy day, Christian came home and BBQ-ed burgers for dinner (so the kids actually ate--no fighting!) and afterwards we played Red Rover and soccer for Family Home Evening before letting the kids play with the neighbor kids while Christian trimmed the lawn and I read a book (hey, it was a really good book!). Such a gorgeous, sunny warm day--and happy kids!
We got rid of our cable-- the rate was going up, and I was getting tired of the Disney-chanel attitude Hannah had picked up. But we still have Netflix! The kids' new obession is the 1st season of the old cartoon, Ducktales. Cartoons were so much better when I was a kid!
Just one more thing--I've been working with Rachel, trying to teach her to be more obedient and comliant. Needless to say, she's been spending a lot of time in time-out lately (I send her to the corner). Last night, as we were getting her ready for bed, she told me (signed to me) that her horse had hit her bear and had to go to the corner. After waiting an appropriate amount of time, she let her horse out of time out and went to bed-- but I guess the horse still didn't learn her lesson, because Rachel sent her to the corner of her bed, and wouldn't let her out all night!

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

My kids love Duck Tales too! That's a funny story about Rachel--she's a hoot!

Marcy said...

That's Rachel!

You should come spend time with us when Christian is gone next!

Robyn said...

I'd love to, Marcy, but I wish we lived closer!