Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekly trauma


Why is it that the Sunday morning ritual of styling little girls' hair is always so traumatic? Its like this tradition, passed on from Mother to daughter, a rite of passage of sorts. They beg for some pretty hairstyle, then scream the entire time I'm doing it. Or, I insist that they look decent, so I comb their hair and they scream the entire time I'm combing it. I've grown less sympathetic by now.. I've tried everything to make it hurt less, and usually during the week I avoid it as much as I can. The girls love having their hair braided, but hate me the entire time I'm doing it. What drama!

4 comments:

Adam Green said...

I knew there were advantages to all boys!! A buzzer every 2 months is all the drama we get.

DeAnn said...

My girls ended up at church with unbrushed hair on Sunday! No braids, barrettes, bows in this family!

Tiffani said...

So funny. It brought back memories from my childhood, and gave me a glimpse of the fun I have ahead :)

hartleyhouse said...

I have the same problem!!! I have to hold them down with my legs just to comb their hair, forget any cute hairstyles!