Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A New Favorite

I found a new chick flick that I love! I'm always a huge Jane Austen fan, having read all the books and enjoyed most of the film adaptations... but I've never seen a movie of Northanger Abbey. That didn't bother me too much, because it was my least favorite of the books. I rented a Masterpiece Theater production of Northanger Abbey and loved it! See it if you can--it has all the best parts of the book and less, well, less of the boring parts. You have to love a good romance! (By the way, after watching the movie, I did a quick re-read of the book... and it still isn't my favorite. Catherine Moreland is just too dull).

4 comments:

Bethany the GREAT said...

Robyn! I love that movie! it is my favorite movie ever. I also can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Christian said...

I didn't know anyone else had even heard of it! We'll still have it (courtesy of Netflix) when you get here.

Adam Green said...

Bethany and I watched while they were here in Feb. I love it too!! The next one you need to look for is Cranford. It was recently on Masterpiece theater and Adam and I LOVED it! Masterpiece did a complete works of Jane Austin fest this winter and we taped them all. Maybe we'll bring them to the Cape.

The Kelley Family said...

Awesome! I have been looking for something GOOD to rent! I can't wait. We watched 3 movies that were nominated for best picture(with our clearplay editer) and they were all HORRIBLE! It was so disappointing to see so many awful movies....