Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I think Mother's Day is fabulous, especially with kids in school. Hannah had something fun to bring home nearly everyday last week, so my special day lasted a long time. There was a tea bag (too bad I don't drink tea), a clay creation (I think it was supposed to be my face), a cute card, and a spider plant... plus she kept drawing me pictures or giving me things (that may or may not have belonged to her). She even scrubbed the bath tub for me--at least that was her justification. (She came to me, crying and wet, on Sunday, telling me she had slipped in the tub trying to clean it for me--when I went to check it out, there was shampoo everywhere!). Rachel brought home a poem with her handprint--I think its the standard Mother's Day gift. And I had all the kids paint plaster fridge magnets for me. Christian, of course, was on the opposite side of the world, but he sent me flowers on Friday (and then the flower guy came back on Saturday with an identical arrangement. I told them I'd already received my flowers, but he left them anyway! Aren't they pretty?). And I made myself French toast for dinner--a meal the kids actually ate! The funny thing was that I decided not to rush myself in the morning getting ready for church. I took some time preparing my YW lesson, and ended up getting to church 30 minutes late, just to remember that there was a special Relief Society meeting that day and I didn't have to teach. I guess I'm really ready for next week!

1 comment:

BeccaJane said...

That's so sweet that she tried to clean the tub!!