Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sugar on my keyboard

I'm afraid to type on my keyboard because Hannah an a friend ate polpsicles while they played computer gamesd ands dribbled sdugar syrup all over so the keys stick (ands add lettersd where I dson't want them!). I'll try to clean it up (my sdpelling, at least) before I post this.
So, I'm surviving Christian's "vacation" (what else can I call it? Did you see his hotel? and all the stamps in his passport! I don't even have a passport!). The kids have mostly behaved and all in all, its gone fairly smoothly. However, its only been two days, and tonight I have to take them to my Young Women's meeting. So fun!
Speaking of YW, I am determined to get my medallion again. They've changed the necklace since I was a girl, and its so much easier to get it as a leader. Maybe I can collect the pendants and make a charm necklace out of them! So I'm working on a 10-hr value project for Knowledge-- and I'm making two twin-size quilts for my girls--way more than 10-hrs worth of work! I designed the pattern and have cut the fabric. Now I'm working on sewing the blocks together. It will be fairly simple, but I'm not much of a sewer. When I was in Provo, which is the last time I attempted something like this, I had Christian's mother to help me. She bought me my sewing machine. Now its just me and my machine, and I don't really know how to trouble-shoot the machine. So far, so good, though. The quilts probably won't match my original vision, but they'll be cute. Christian and I picked out the fabric on a date night a few weeks ago. He likes things that are bright and fun, like the "I love Daddy, I love Mommy" fabric that I refused to put on the front but agreed to use as the backing. I picked softer fabrics and florals, and we agreed on a shiny purple, satiny sequined fabric. So, there are lots of fabrics, lots of patterns, and we'll see how it turns out. I just wanted to post about my project so I'm being accountable to someone. I'm also working on a Individual Worth project on health and fitness (I'm joined the YMCA and will research good weight loss fitness technique and diet), and a Choice & Accountability project on financial management. The big projects are more fun than the little ones.
With Christian gone, I don't fix computer problems as quickly. I'm having some problems downloading pictures, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll post some cute kid photos.

No comments: